Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Leonardo Fibonacci
-Leonardo was born in Pisa, Italy
-Born in 1175 ( date = unknown )
-Died in 1250 ( date = unknown )
-Died at the age of 80
Three historic world events that occurred during his life.
1. He wrote 5 books about geometry,calculations, numbers, etc.
2. Fibonacci sequence. The Fibonacci sequence was the first recurrence series.
3. Hindu-Arabic mathematics number system.
By: Angellina Chang
Even though he was born in Italy, he obtained his education in North Africa where his father, Guilielmo, held a diplomatic post.
He was traveling with his father because there was no college back in the middle age.
As he traveled he learned a great deal of mathematics. Including the indian numerous, and also the Greek classics which had been lost to the west.
Fibonacci was taught mathematics in Bejaia
He went to Egypt, Syria, Greece, Sicily, and Provence to study different systems and methods of calculations.
He was educated by the Moors.
When he was young his father was a Bisan merchant in Bujaia where he spent his childhood.
Fibonacci's father summoned him to have him while he was still a child, and having an eye to usefulness and future convenience desired him to stay and receive instruction in the school of accounting.