Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
UPS Case Study
Transcript of UPS Case Study
Grow our global business by serving the logistics needs of customers, offering excellence and value in all that we do.
Maintain a financially strong company-with broad employee ownership-that provides a long-term competitive return to our share owners.
Inspire our people and business partners to do their best, offering opportunities for personal development and success.
Lead by example as a responsible, caring, and sustainable company making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our goal is to synchronize the world of commerce by developing business solutions that create value and competitive advantages for our customers.
Integrity - It is the core of who we are and all we do
Teamwork - Determined people working together can accomplish anything.
Service - Serving the needs of our customers and communities is central to our success.
Quality and Efficiency-We remain constructively dissatisfied in our pursuit of excellence.
Safety - The well-being of our people, business partners, and the public is of utmost importance.
Sustainability-Long-term prosperity requires our continued commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
Innovation - Creativity and change are essential to growth.
Expansion of global trade
Growth in emerging markets
Retail e-commerce growth
Increased need for segment expertise in the integrated carrier space
Growth in online retail sales has provided for expansion in the overall U.S. small package delivery market
Slowing export growth and industrial production have negatively impacted the growth in commercial shipments.
Slower economic growth has created an environment in which customers are more likely to trade-down from premium express products to standard delivery products
David, Fred R., Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases. 15th ed. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 2015.
World's largest package delivery company
Divided into 4 segments:
Global Package Operations
Supply Chain and Freight.
On Road, Integrated, Optimization and Navigation Software (ORION)
United States Postal Service
Expand integrated global network and service portfolio
Largest medical products transporter in the world
Market share in Europe
Deploy technology-enabled operations
Provide unique and industry-specific customer solutions
Serve the needs of end consumers around the world
1. Increase global presence by acquiring a European logistics company (S2, O5)
2. Design and implement new self-service kiosks (S3, O6)
1. Create user-friendly and appealing website in order improve customer experience (W3, W2, O6)
2. Dominate healthcare logistics industry (W4, O4)
1. Offer discounts for premium services to loyal repeat customers (S5, T12)
2. Introduce a new system that upgrades from ground to air at no additional cost for all shipments worth over $100 (S3, S8, T2, T12)
1. Strive to form partnership with small businesses in order to become sole parcel delivery provider in the U.S. (W1, T2, T3)
2. Test body camera implementation in order to increase employee accountability and improve customer service. (W3, T10, T5, T11, T2)
Lacking Customer Service
Growing online purchases
Economic Conditions (U.S. and International)
Less willingness to purchase overnight services