Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Chesapeake Bridge grade 7
Transcript of The Chesapeake Bridge grade 7
Four manmade islands each with 5.25 acres of surface, 30 feet above water
There has been many accidents on this bridge
thanks for watching
Northbound: $200,000,000 financed by the sale of revenue bonds. No tax dollars were used.
Southbound: $250,000,000 financed by the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel District and the sale of revenue bonds. No tax dollars were used.
by: james fraulo
Time to build:
Northbound: 42 Months - Construction began on September 7, 1960, and the project was opened to traffic on April 15, 1964.
Southbound: 46 months - Construction began June 16, 1995, and the project was opened to traffic on April 19, 1999.