Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Baptism and the Church in North Africa
Transcript of Baptism and the Church in North Africa
-Washing, Sealing, Laying on Hands
-Forgiveness of Sins
-Reception of the Holy Spirit Cyprian and the Response to Persecution and Apostasy - Decian Persecution, 250-251
- Martyrs and Confessors
- Lapsed and Certified
- "Laxists" and "Rigorists"
- Protecting the Boundaries of the Church The "Rebaptism" Controversy
(254-256) - Novatian, Rigorism, and Schism
- Do we need to "rebaptize" those baptized by Novatian?
- Stephen of Rome: No!
- Cyprian: Yes! Donatism -- The Church of the Martyrs
(306-411) - Diocletianic Persecutions (303-311)
- Traditores and Schism
- The Purity of Bishops and
the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Necessity of "Rebaptism"
- "Traditional" Vision of the Church Augustine and "Catholic" Baptism - Imperial Apologist?
- The Intermixed Church
- Donatism as Failure of Love
- Christ Baptizes, not the Bishop Baptism, the Holy Spirit, and the Church Two Exegetical Visions "He breathed on them and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven.'"
Cyprian and the Donatists John 20:22-23 John 1:33 "He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon him, this is the onewho baptizes with the Holy Spirit."