Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Acids and Bases
Transcript of Acids and Bases
Acids: Compounds that form solutions with the following properties....
1) Have a sour taste
2) React with (corrode) metals.
3) Can cause burns on skin
Bases: Compounds that form solutions with the following propeties...
1) Have a bitter taste.
2) Feel slippery.
3) React with (break down) fats and oils.
4) Can cause burns on skin.
Measuring Acidity: pH Scale
pH scale: a scale of numbers running from 0 - 14.
Acids: have pH values below 7 ( 0 to 6.9).
Bases: hav pH values above 7 (6.9 to 14).
Neutral: pH value of 7.