Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Launch you idea with Google App Engine.
Transcript of Launch you idea with Google App Engine.
morning."~ Dennis the Menace "The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs...
one step at a time."~ Joe Girard Initial steps
- Follow a lean startup method
- Test waters by launching a prototype
- Managing servers in case you become popular overnight - Infrastructure security low cost No maintainence scalability support Google App Engine What is GAE ? * Web app deployment platform * Uses Google's Infrastructure * Uses Python, Java and Go * Free to start * Perfect solution to apps
which can grow overnight * Strong community to help * Advanced tools like task queues
and scheduler available Catch
* Initial learning curve
* No SQL style database. (Uses Google's Big
* Only Python, Java and Go language
* Skills make you stand out of crowd Basic Building Blocks of an App * Request handlers * Datastore * Services Request handlers * All HTTP GET, POST or static media request * Request handler must return response in 60 sec * Connection closes after response * No client state maintained, every time a new connection * Cannot be used for streaming applications Datastore * Stores data objects as 'entities'
* Entities are categorized as of 'kind'
* Entity uniquely identified by its 'key'
* Key is composed of 'kind + identifier'
* Entities of a kind are stored together in
distributed data storage Datastore * Entities with same kind differ in
* Property values associated with entities
- Floating point
- Binary data and more Services * Users service allows to use google accounts to
sign in application.
* URL fetch to communicate with other
resources on web
* Mail - App can send email on behalf of admins
and users with google account.
* XMPP service can be used for instant
messaging. app.yaml application: gaeseries
- url: /remote_api
login: admin case study http://url-info.appspot.com http://www.downornot.com/ http://tut-it.appspot.com DEMO To start * Download GAE sdk
* Follow hello world tutorial
* Python frameworks
- web2py Thank you! +Gurminder or sgurminder @ gmail