Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Robert B. super example

All About Hong Kong
by

Mister "A"gamenoni

on 24 May 2011

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Robert B. super example

T0 start for those who don't know Hong Kong is located at 22°1642N 114°932E 22.27833°N 114.15889°E or in the north eastern part of China right on the South China Sea. Right were thered area is. Hong Kong Hong Kong dosen't have any natural lakes but they have around 30 man made reservoirs, tons of harbors (the biggest, the Victorian, is shown below) and they're surrounded by the South China Sea. Bodies of Water Pyshical Characteristics Place Hong Kong is very small, therefore it
does not have many major landforms. In the
somewhat rural areas of Hong Kong the
landscape is full of rolling hills which is the
extend of their landforms. Landforms Climate Hong Kong is right on the edge of the tropical zone. The area normally has a very distinct monsoonal season with hot, humid summers and cool dry winters. However the weather almost always depends on the pressure systems in the area. Animal Life Hong Kong is so populated that there aren't many wild animals, but the few that are there are a variety of mammals adapted to the tropical climate. Natural Vegetation Most of Hong Kong's vegetation is rainforest swamp like plants and trees. Location Right where the red area is. Human Characteristics Population : 7,045,000

Ethnic Groups: 95% of people are Chinese, No other main groups are in the remaining 5%

Language:Chinese and English are offical languages. However, Chinese is most commonly spoken

Customs: Hong Kongs Customs are the same as the rest of China with festivals, tea, and traditional games. It's surprising considering it was a British colony until 1997

Economy: Hong Kong Depends on imports for almost all of it's things. Manufacturing isn't the biggest industry, the teretitary (services) part of the market is.

Government: Hong Kong has a Cheif Executive and secretaries that are elected and run the country. Hong Kong is independent finacially from DRC. Region Functional Region Trade Partners Hong Kong does trade with many different people like the U.S.,
Mainland China and Japan. Metropolitan Cities The entire area is extremely populated and is considered a city, but there are several areas they have distinct names for. 1. Kowloon - 2,019,500
2. Northern Hong Kong Island - 992,900
3. Tsuen Wan New Town - 801,800
4. Sha Tin New Town - 630,000
5. Tuen Mun New Town - 470,900
6. Tseung Kwan O New Town - 344,500
7. Aberdeen - 275,100
8. Tai Po New Town - 274,000
9. Tin Shui Wai New Town - 268,800
10. Fanling-Sheung Shui New Town - 244,700
11. Yuen Long New Town - 141,900
12. North Lantau New Town - 71,900

Consider all of these areas in a 70 mile radius. Formal Regions Climate Regions Hong Kong only has one climate region over the entire area. It's in the northern part of the tropical zone. Vegetation Regions The area has basically all the same vegetation. Almost rainforest like plants. Human Environment Interaction Dams and Canals There are tons of small reserviors all over Hong Kong. These provide basically all of their water. Irrigation For the 6% of land used for farming there are about 8 reservoirs used for irrigation. Movement Movement of People Ethnic Groups That have settled in Hong Kong Even though Hong Kong was a British colony for hundreds of years 95% of the population is Chinese and the other 5% don't have a distinct ethnic group. Movement of Goods Food and Trade Goods Basically all of Hong Kongs food is imported and they don't really have anything to trade. Manufacturing Goods Unlike most Chinese cities manufacturing isn't a major industry and is over shadowed by the service industry. The little manufacturing Hong Kong has is for clothes or electronics. Movement of Ideas Basically everything in Hong Kong is Chinese with very little outside influence. Shared Customs 1.Hong Kong was a British colony for a long time and yet the culture is almost completely Chinese.

2.Hong Kong is completely separate from China Governmentally.

3.The Victorian harbor is the deepest harbor in the world.

4.The Hong Kong area of about 450 sq. Miles and has about 230 small and large islands in the area.

5.Hong Kong officially became a part of China on July 1, 1997. Five Interesting Facts Works Cited "Hong Kong." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 06 Mar. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong>.


"Relative Location of Hong Kong? - Yahoo! Answers." Yahoo! Answers - Home. Web. 07 Mar. 2011. <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110209222221AASONjW>.

"Geography of Hong Kong." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 07 Mar. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Hong_Kong>.

"Geography of Hong Kong." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 07 Mar. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Hong_Kong>.

"Hong Kong." Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 6 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11613>.

Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition. Web. 06 Mar. 2011. <http://school.eb.com/all/eb/article-11614>.

Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition. Web. 06 Mar. 2011. <http://school.eb.com/all/eb/article-11614>.

"Hong Kong." Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 7 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11621>.

"Hong Kong." Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 6 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11617>.

"Hong Kong." Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 7 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11618>.

"Traditions Index." Society for Anglo-Chinese Understanding (SACU). Web. 08 Mar. 2011. <http://www.sacu.org/tradition.html>.

"Hong Kong." Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 7 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11621>.

"Government of Hong Kong." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 08 Mar. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Government>.

"Geography of Hong Kong." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 07 Mar. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Hong_Kong>.

"Hong Kong." Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 6 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11613>.

Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition. Web. 06 Mar. 2011. <http://school.eb.com/all/eb/article-11614>.

"Geography of Hong Kong." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 07 Mar. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Hong_Kong>.

"Reservoirs of Hong Kong." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 08 Mar. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reservoirs_of_Hong_Kong>.

"Hong Kong" Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 8 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11624>.

"Hong Kong" Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 8 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11624>.

"Hong Kong" Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.
Encyclopædia Britannica, 2011. Web. 8 Mar. 2011.
<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-11617>. Land Area 407 sq mi of land
19 sq miles of water
Full transcript