Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cultural capacity
Phillie What? Why? How? Background; Relevance;
Global City Status
Weak Top Down & Missing Bottom up Approaches; Disconnected Narrative
What is “Cultural Capacity”? • “Accumulated sum of our nation’s creative capacity and our emotional bonds to the country and communities and our deep knowledge of economy, society and world affairs”
• Cultural Capacity is a three fold strategy Cultural Capacity People oriented
Place oriented Emphasis on Iconic Cultural Infrastructure What does Cultural Capacity look like in Singapore? Two types of cultural orientation: 1. State-Vaunted Edifices 2. Organically evolved visual arts clusters Evolution of Singapore Cultural Orientation Cultural policies were primarily promoting nation-building efforts “Report on Advisory Council on Culture and the arts” by Mr. Ong Teng Cheong
Establishment of arts and cultural infrastructure
Creative Singapore- A renaissance Nation in the Knowledge age
More concentration on building software” for cultural promotion