Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Upper School Drawing Term 2
Transcript of Upper School Drawing Term 2
a notebook to keep notes, drawings, and
ideas for the term. Vocabulary kinds of lines
contrast What kinds of lines are there? straight, squiggly, loopy, bumpy,
fast, slow, long, short, dotted,
vertical, horizontal, diagnol, thick,
thin. Using the different qualities of
line in their names, SWBAT make
their names by manipulating
pipe cleaners. Procedures Start of class: level 0, How are you today?
silent thumbs up, down or sideways.
Set up: 3/4 students will be assistants for the term who help with set up everyday. Set up is level 0 except for level 1 about set up.
Assistants are the only students out of seats and will distribute notebooks and folders for groupings.
Work time: When the level 0 expectation is met at the start of class you will earn time to talk quietly while you work. Please stay in your seats and you may ask me or my assistants for materials if you need.
Clean up: Level 0 except for level 1 about clean up. Meeting this expectation will also earn you talking time the following class and Super SOAR choices for contributing to a clean community. Contour line: an outline of a form. SWBAT use pencil and then wire to make a
contour "drawing" of their or a partners profile
(sideview). Contour line drawing: drawing done in one
continuous line representing the outline
of an object,
sometimes called a “blind” contour drawing Gesture Drawing: drawing lines quickly
and loosely to show movement of the subject SWBAT make 2 minute gesture drawings
based on videos. Positive and Negative Space SWBAT draw 4 different views of
a bike using view finders and pencils considering negative space and cropping. Value 1.SWBAT draw value scales by shading
and cross hatching with pencils. In your notebooks, answer these
What are values?
What do you value?
Who do you value? Value also means
relative worth, merit, or importance lightness or darkness of a color Contrast Self Portrait:
A representation of yourself SWBAT create a self portrait in pencil
illustrating value. Black and white cut paper project Next step : go over your lines in sharpie and watercolor the negative space using different values of the same color. Write in your notebooks: The three main types of lines: Straight, Curved and Angled make up the other kinds of lines. Using the different qualities of line in their names, SWBAT make
their names by manipulating pipe cleaners.
1. Write your name (in script if you can) in your notebook. What lines do you notice in your name?
2. Begin with the first letter of your name. Pipe cleaners can overlap and twist so all of your letter are connected. Attach pipe cleaners as needed by twisting. Watch me.
3. Your name needs to have the qualities of the lines, not look exactly like it. warm up: make a drawing that fills the whole
page that is made up of ONE continuous line. try a line with angles or different kinds of curves. Blind contour challenge! Try to draw your hand without looking at
your paper! ONLY look at your hand. Memory Vs. Observation Do NOW:
Draw a tree Draw this tree
What kinds of
lines do you see?
Take at least 5
minutes. SWBAT understand the difference between
drawing what you think or remember and
drawing what you actually SEE. Negative space, in art, is the space around and between the subject(s) of an image, which is the Positive space. Positive and Negative Space
Using a black half sheet, cut out the
silhouette of a form using a continuous
line. Glue the form onto one side
your white paper. Glue the left over
black paper to the other side. A silhouette is the image of a person, an object or scene represented as a solid shape of a single color, usually black, its edges matching the outline of the subject. Cropping: drawing part of an image. Viewfinders! Help us focus on what
1. Fold your card stock in half.
2. Measure 1.5 inches horizontally, draw a
line to mark it.
3. Measure vertically 3 inches and draw a line.
4. Cut the 1.5 across on both sides.
5. Cut the vertical 3". Step 1: Draw the bike using your viewfinder
showing 4 different parts, some close up and some further away. 1. Write your name on the back of ALL 4 squares.
2. Using your viewfinder, begin drawing. Sometimes it
helps to start on an edge of the paper. Draw lightly!
3. When you are done with one, find a new view and start on
another square. Colors can have value SWBAT mix at least 5 different values
of one color using watercolor paint. Bicycle Drawings/paintings:
Cropping, Pos/Neg Space,
Line thickness, value. Drawing Restraint by Matthew Barney Drawing is a physical activity.
What is something you can do to
make it more difficult for yourself? value studies Pencils:
Ebony, 6B, 4B, 2B, HB (regular), 2H, 4H, 6H
Dark Light How can you draw faces?
1. Rules! (worksheet)
2. Tricks! (contour trick)
3. Shading create the 3-D look. By adding value, or shading a drawing, you create the illusion of 3 dimensions so it doesn't look flat. Your portrait should
1. No lines!
2. At least 4 values-
Black, White, dark grey
and light grey.
3. Your shoulders shaded.
4. A blank background for
1. fold paper. cut in half.
2. cut around your head on
3. glue that side down- line it
up to the bottom of your paper.
4. color the back of the other side
with ebony pencil.
5. tape on one side lining it up with
part of your head already there. How have you shown perseverance in art this term?