Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cupcakes
Place a dollop of icing in the middle of the cupcake.
Spread icing across top and push towards the edges.
Use the top of the knife to smooth icing.
Drizzle sprinkles over top of icing.
Preservative and chemical free
History of the Cupcake and the recent boom.
Baking Cupcakes: The Main Event!
HOMEMADE VS. BOXED
Businesses being created
Market is booming
- flour --> structure (gluten)
- sugar --> sweetness and moisture (hygroscopic)
- eggs --> structure (protein) and emulsifier (binds water and oil)
- butter --> moisture (doesn't evaporate like water)
- baking powder --> leavening agent (makes the cakes rise)
- salt --> flavor enhancer
- vanilla bean paste --> flavor
- buttermilk --> lightens batter
BOXED VS. HOMEMADE
Boxed = $2.79
13 seconds longer
Smooth texture and rich taste
1. Measure out all the required ingredients. (Weight is more accurate than volume.) Prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners or grease pan thoroughly.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
3. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
4. Melt the butter, combine it with the sugar in a large bowl, and beat them together with a hand-mixer for 30 seconds.
5. Add the eggs one at a time to the butter-sugar mixture, beating and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
6. Beat in the vanilla bean paste.
7. Alternate adding the flour and buttermilk gradually, starting and ending with flour. Don't mix more than necessary!
8. Divide the batter among the prepared cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 of the way to the top.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- cupcake pan and liners
- measuring cup and spoons
- bowls of varying sizes
- microwave, oven, and oven mitts