Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jamaica
Do not appear overly familiar at the initial greeting.
A man may touch the arm or shoulder of another man, or even finger his lapel while speaking.
Keep hands on lap when not eating
Don't sit down till you're invited to and told where to sit
Meals are often served buffet-style.
Always use utensils to eat.
Table manners are Continental the fork is held in the left hand and the knife in the right while eating.
When in doubt, watch what others are doing and emulate their behavior.
The most common greeting is the handshake with direct eye contact, and a warm smile.
Men often pat each other's shoulder or arm during the greeting process or while conversing.
Religious customs and traditions
The island has the highest number of churches per capita in the world
Most Jamaicans are Christians
Rastafarian's believe they are one of the lost tribes of Israel who were sold into slavery and taken to Babylon (Jamaica) and that they must return to Zion, which they hold to be Ethiopia.