Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Medieval vs Renaissance Art
Transcript of Medieval vs Renaissance Art
- Fill in one chart per group
- Include at least 2 sentences for each piece of art in the category that you think it's a part of
- Reasons can be use of light, perspective,theme,background, artist,realism, subjects.
Medieval or Renaissance?
Looking at the art of our time, what are the most important values of our society?
Florence and Rome
Aim: How does art reflect the
times in which it was created?
Do Now: What were the main characteristics of Ancient Greek and Roman art?
Artists who were funded by patrons
- Influence: Humanism and Realism
- Placed focus on the viewer
Colors respond to light
- Full deep backgrounds
- Both religious and non-religious _
Idealized religious themes
Art created by anonymous artists for the Church
- Very plain backgrounds
- Unrealistic depictions of subjects
Important figures were larger
No longer a practical tradition; became a literary one
Marcus Virtuvius Pollio:
Structure must be 3 things
Fillippo Bruneleschi: Discovered Perspective
Realized that parallel horizontal lines converge at a point on the horizon and that objects of similar size get smaller in the distance.
Inspired by Roman buildings