Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Can You Cooking Using Only Sunlight?
Transcript of Can You Cooking Using Only Sunlight?
Two cardboard boxes
Black piece of card
One piece of glass
Prepared Cookie Dough
The aim of this experiment is to compare different cooking strageties.
1. The homemade solar oven.
2. Cooked in direct sunlight (no cover or surroundings).
3. Oven cooked.
3 paper plates
Homemade Solar Oven
Cookies ready to go in the solar oven
1. We learnt that cookies were able to be cooked in the solar oven.
2. Also that the oven was the best strategy for cooking.
3. How to split up the task so each group member had an equal amount of work to complete.
WHAT WE LEARNT DURING OUR EXPERIMENT
WHAT CHALLENGES OCCURRED & HOW WE OVERCAME THEM
1. The first challenge that occurred was that we were not able to taste the cookies.
2. Another challenge we had to overcome referred to the weather.
WHAT WE WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME
Next time we would definitely choose an experiment more suitable for this kind of weather.
Our hypothesis was that the oven cooked cookies would be the best cooking strategy to use.
Cookies ready for sunlight
Soaking up the sun
Cooking in the oven
The cookies that were cooked in the oven was the quickest and easiest way of cooking.
The solar oven cookies worked well but it took a long time.
The cookies that were left in the sun on the 3 plates did not cook at all.
Oven cooked cookies
Solar oven cooked cookies
Cookies cooked in sunlight