Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
COM10006 Week 13
Transcript of COM10006 Week 13
Reasons for Critical Thinking
Differences and Similarities
1. Interrogates unspoken premises and values
2. Encourages 'critical reasoning' and 'higher order thinking skills: interpretation and synthesis
University: More than just memorising information!
: abstract rules or commands to be followed e.g.
Christianity: ten commandments
Kantian ethics: categorical imperatives
morality judged on outcome e.g.
Utilitarianism: Greatest Happiness Principle
What essays need to demonstrate: creation of knowledge, synthesising information in to something new
Making an argument with reasons, premises and evidence towards a conclusions
Conclusions of analytical essays
Critical Reasoning and Higher Order Thinking Skills
Diff expectations for psych and soc essays
Different referencing systems
Format: Headings, title etc.
Basics of analysis, evidence and
Competing Theories. No 'truth' = Analysis and a Line of Reasoning