Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Social,political and economic causes of the American Revolut
Transcript of Social,political and economic causes of the American Revolut
SPI:Analyze the social ,political and economic causes of the American Revolution and the major battles of leaders and events
The existence of the legislatures meant that the colonies were in many ways independent of the crown.The legislatures were allowed to levy taxes ,muster troops,and pass laws .
By Arreana Osinloye & Dallis Puryear
Though no one event caused the American Revolution,the war began as a disagreement between the Americans over how the british treated them.
Americans wanted all the rights the Englishmen had,while the British felt the colonies belonged to the crown and didn't deserve rights
Prior to he conclusion of the Several Year War reason to believe that one day American colonies would under take a revolution in effort to create an independent nation-state
The colonies were protected from foreign invasion by British military and in return the colonist paid few taxes and could engage in economic activities without much British government interference.
colonist were only asked to adhere to the regulation concerning foreign trade.
Certain goods whether imported or exported by the colonies had to be shipped through England regardless of the final port of destination
This lead into the passing of the many acts that outraged the colonist.
*John Adams was a very opinionated and blunt man.
*He viewed British tariffs as a tool of oppression.
*Was president from 1797 to 1826.
*Also helped negotiate the Treaty Of Paris.
*Was the outspoken opponent of the Townshed and Stamp act.
*Gave the famous "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech in 1775.
* During the war Benjamin served as Second Continental Congress and helped draft the the Declaration of Independence.
* He also negotiated the Treaty of Paris.
* Organizer of the sons of liberty Samuel Adams coordinated the resistance to the Tea Act which lead into the Boston Tea Party
signed the Declaration of Independence
used wealth and influence to aid American independence movement
1777-75, John was president of the Continental congress.
author of the Declaration of Independence
during the war he served in Virginia legislature and continental congress
although he promoted individual liberty, he was also a slave owner
Sons of Liberty
* before the founding fathers the country had the Sons of liberty
* they stood up to the British for the country
* these men banished the outrage that spread the parliament Stamp Act of 1765
(lead to the Boston Massacre and Tea party)
That's All Folks
* Stamp Act - imposed taxes on all paper documents
*Townshed Act- Imposed taxes on glass, paper.lead,paint, and imported tea.
* Tea Act- impose taxes on all tea shipped from other places
*Boston Tea Party- when colonist boarded the East Indian Company Ships and dumped thier loads of tea overboard