Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Personal Narrative Part 1
Transcript of Personal Narrative Part 1
your personal story
don't be afraid
So... what is a personal narrative?
A personal narrative re-creates a specific experience or event in your life. This kind of writing invites the reader to experience what you've experienced
What is in a personal narrative paragraph?
I know what you are thinking...
A personal narrative paragraph
shares a specific experience. It has three parts.
1. Topic sentence
2. Body sentences (notice the "s" which means MULTIPLE SENTENCES )
3. Closing sentence
It is important to include specific details!!
Things to remember
1. Choose an important moment in your life. Re-create the experience with plenty of specific details.
2. Present the ideas in chronological order.
3. Sound natural.
4. Choose specific words with the appropriate connotation, or feeling.
5. Use sentences that flow smoothly from one idea to another.
6. Use proper punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and grammar!!!!!!
Now you may wonder, how do I start?
The first step to all
great writing is prewriting
Think about the topic assigned
Use the trigger words to help brainstorm details
Make sure what you have is in chronological order
Who is the peanut butter to your jelly?
What happened at the park?
Tell us the story.
If I'm not explaining it well enough, maybe Natasha Bedingfield can do a better job...
So now it is your turn. Brainstorm your ideas with the fantastic idea of prewriting!!
Be sure you answer the five W's
Why did you sleep under the bed for a month?