Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fixed vs. Growth Mindset Introduction
Transcript of Fixed vs. Growth Mindset Introduction
Change your thinking. Change your life.
How do you think about your own ability and potential?
There are no shortcuts
cut from his high school team in ninth grade
missed over 9000 shots in his career
missed the game-winning shot 26 times
notoriously bad student
told he would never be successful
faced severe physical challenges as a child
wore leg braces until age 9
3X gold medal winner and once dubbed "the fastest woman in the world”
How did these people become the best in their fields?
They each had a
to reach their goals, and
didn't give up
when they faced setbacks.
Those with a FIXED MINDSET believe
Intelligence and ability are limited.
You are either born with talent or you are not.
Failure is an indication of a lack of ability.
Abilities are fixed and not interconnected (athletic, musical, academic).
Those with a GROWTH MINDSET believe
Every aspect of ability can always be improved.
Initial proficiency does not set limits on eventual proficiency.
Failure is not a stopping point but a stepping stone.
Improvement never stops and skills in multiple areas interconnect.
1. Name at least two specific steps you can take to develop a growth mindset that will help you succeed in this class.
2. Write at least one thoughtful question or comment about the class.