Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Blender for Architects 2013
Transcript of Blender for Architects 2013
--> hook objects and vertices to hooks
= all hooks with the same name hook to each other
--> problem: what should hook to what?
--> the object in edit mode has the lead
--> in edit mode you don't see the original position
anymore, only once the hook modifier is hidden or gets deleted Better Hooks 2D Drawing Modifier Nodes Self-Made Parametrization,
Template Patterns Better Team Workflow for Drawings Today's Modifiers = procedural
Node network = data flow, more flexible
every operator is a modifier, every modifier is a node
every modeling step is captured with a new node in the node editor
IF the user wants it, i.e. by pressing Caps Lock Control Lines New Modelling Nodes Subdivion Modifier Node, Distribution Node, Duplication Node - basically the same idea as nurbs:
high level editing
- but with extended / different meaning Procedural Drawing Parametric Drawing Parametric Modelling Level of Detail Curves Apply Mask Modifier - override rule based, parametric model manually
- there are always exceptions
- make the masked area editable
- link it with hooks to the parametric geometry Why Blender? - parametrization / relations by:
parent-child, constraints, bones, modifiers
- customize relations with drivers
--> drivers are amazing! let's extend the idea of
extendable parametrization to architectural workflows! How do architects work? read my paper :-) Better API - operators take objects/vertices as parameters
- make us (the artists) code new modifier nodes (with python)
--> maybe we can at some point connect our geometry to a
simulation node, created by somebody who researches on fluid dynamics on GPUs Thank you for your attention! 2D drawing hooked to 3D geometry