Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Saudi Arabia
-Birthplace of Islam
-National language is: Arabic
-Riyadh is the capital
-Mecca is located in Saudi Arabia People and Culture Daily Life/ Recreation Housing and Transportation Unique Customs Languages Holidays Famous Sites Points of Interest: Why do people visit? Economics Flag: Oil Foreign Relations Arab Spring - Education system
- Food GEOPOLITICAL ISSUE Tourism Many people want to visit Saudi Arabia because it is an unknown land. Until recently tourists were not allowed. Saudi Arabia has now opened up and is allowing anyone to see the beauty of the country. -Mecca. You are only allowed to go inside if you are Muslim. Places to go if Non-Muslim
- Kings Fountain
- Al-Balad -The Nabatean Tombs
-Scuba Diving in Arabian Gulf THE END Arabic - A lot of holidays
- Eid-al-Fitr (Breaking the Fast)
- Eid-al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice)
- Mawlid (Prophets Birthday) - Gender segregation
- Women's face covered until death
- Islamic Healing
- Miswak - Population
- Social Values
- Extended Family
- Prayer Conclusion -March 15, 1973
-Green symbolizes Islam
-The sword stands for either
the House of Saud, or military
power Center of world affairs Saudi Arabia is important!!! U.S.Dollar exchange 3.74 Riyals
Used to be largely agricultural, then oil was discovered in
1938 (90% oil)
The strongest economy in Middle
Unemployment is 12%-mostly
women. One of the last monarchies on the planet.
Mecca is the center of the Islam religion which 1.6 billion people are apart of.
Saudi Arabia possesses 1/5 of the world's petroleum. US-Saudi Relationship 2/3 of world's repository of oil Benefits given to citizens in the amount of $10.7 billion No Political Reform