Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HAGIA SOPHIA
What is so amazing about it?
What does it say about art?
What does it say about life?
Life becomes religious whenever we make it so: when some new light is seen, when some deeper appreciation is felt, when some larger outlook is gained, when some nobler purpose is formed, when some task is well done.
Sophia Lyon Fahs
Saint Sophia- "holy wisdom" in Greek, "ayasofya" in Turkish
What is it all about?
Life is a series of spontaneous and natural changes
Emperor Justianian I
Designed by Greek scientists Isidore of Miletus (physicist), and Anthemus of Tralles (mathematician)
December 27th, 537
Sultan Mehmed II
February 1, 1935- museum
Art in this period is to be seen as especial faculty of human mind to be classified with religion and sciences.
Art is a diverse range of human activities and products of those activities
length- 82m (269ft)
width- 73m (240ft)
height- 55m (180ft)