Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How Valentines day came to be
Transcript of How Valentines day came to be
My Birthday - February 13
Valentine's Day - February 14
Cards and treats
Why Valentine's Day?
by Jamie Heiner
Birth date: unknown
Birthplace: Roman Empire
Died: (was beheaded) Feb. 14 269AD
The Roman Emperor Claudis II needed more soldiers, but no one wonted to join, because they wanted to stay with their wives and children. So Claudis stopped all the marriages. St. Valentine secretly married young couples, behind the Emperor's back. He was found out and was beheaded.
St. Valentine was in jail, and fell in love with the jail keepers daughter. He healed her blindness. On his beheading, he left her a note, that said
" Remember your Valentine".
Some people think these two stories are combined.
cards and treats
Love and friendship