Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
European Explorer Karissa Cisneros . (:
Transcript of European Explorer Karissa Cisneros . (:
Died - 1519
It is believed that he was the first European in Texas and proved that Florida was not an island.In year 1519 Pineda reached TX but was continuously attacked by hostile Aztec natives.
Also in the year 1519 Pineda was killed at Chila by the Aztec Indians and they burned two of the ships that pineda had brought.He is important because he was the creator of Americas first west coastline map . The last ship returned to Vera Cruz and reported their voyage of discovery to Francisco de Garay. The gruesome death of Alonso Alvarez de Pineda was described. He was flayed and his skin was hung in an Aztec temple as a trophy Alvar Nunez Cabeza De Vaca : Famous for being the first European to explore Texas and Southwe.st America.His family name and Coat of Arms: Cabeza de Vaca means "head of a cow" and was given from a peasant who brought about a great victory over the Moors at the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa Cabeza De Vaca .