Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Porsche: Guarding the Old, While Bringing in the New
Transcript of Porsche: Guarding the Old, While Bringing in the New
Porsche appealed to financially succesful people
People buy Porsche because the car mirrors their self-image Unique company Managers of Porsche wants to know: - Who their customers are
- What they think
- How they feel The buyers decision process Low volume and increasingly fragment auto market Sold a few models, creating an image of excusivity Making decisions : Cayenne or Panamera? Porsche 914 1970 - Porsche began to worry Cheaper model for other classes Made for a differend type of costumers VS How the Loyalists were thinking about the 914 They never accepted the 914 as a real 'Porsche'.
The 914 users don't fit in the real owner profile.
Disappointment in the new strategy of Porsche : Mass over Class Questions for Discussion Positive and negative attitudes toward a brand like Porsche Positive:
Customer buying a Porsche wants to show their status and separate from the lower class. Negative
Customers are not satisfied with the produce image. 1. Analyze the buyer decision process of a traditional Porsche customer. What conclusion can you draw? 2. How does the traditional Porsche customer decision process contrast with the decision process for a Cayenne or Panamera Customer? 3. Which concepts from the chapter explain why Porsche sold so many lower-priced models in the 1970's and 1980's
Porsche should keep the image of their high performance and the behalf of uppersocial level of customer, who enjoy the experience of driving rather than transportation 4. Explain how both positive and negative attitudes towards a brand like Porsche develop? How might Porsche change consumers attitudes towards the brand? 5. What role does the Porsche brand play in the self-concept of its buyers? Answer 1 : It is the image of exclusivity that
is most important. They want their
car to represent how successful they
are. Answer 2 : A traditional Porsche customer is more
concerned about the way the car sounds, vibrates and feels.
A Cayenne or Panamera customer is looking for both family
car and speed. Answer 3 : A different class of people was then able to have a taste of exclusivity. Answer 4 : Positive attitude towards Porsche develops because Porsche gives a chance
to show your status in the society.
Negative attitude towards Porsche develops when the brand does not
represent the exclusivity anymore.
Porsche can change consumer attitudes towards the brand by sticking to their
original image. Answer 5 : They work hard to understand their customers and keep their image. Thank you for your time.