Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Highschool to the NBA
Transcript of Highschool to the NBA
By: Saje Harrison, Jeffrey Davis, Kobe Anderson, Isaiah Ferguson
History of the Jump
1. Moses Malone- Made of Hall of Fame for 2001, he is also apart of the top 50 players of all time in the year 1996. Furthermore he is a 12 time All-Star. He was in the All-Star game.
2. Lebron James- Made All-Star game 6 times. He has a total 2 rings. Season MVP 4x and Final MVP 2x.
3. Kobe Bryant- 5 time NBA champion, All-Star game 15 times
Players who made the Jump
Players who could have went to the NBA from High school are people such as Ben Simmons and Jaylen Brown. Who are currently freshman in college. They are still currently in College and were the top High School players in their class that could have went to the NBA.
The affect on High school players
Ever since 2006, High School basketball players were allowed to skip college and declare for the NBA draft. However the NBA has changed this rule and now you have to do achieve one year of college and then declare for the draft. This rule is called "One and Done."
This rule specifically affected today's super star Kevin Durant. He went to College instead of the NBA.
Ever since 2006, High School basketball players were allowed to skip college and declare for the NBA draft. However the NBA has changed this rule and now you have to do achieve one year of college and then declare for the draft. This rule is called "One and Done.'
Why can this affect High school players in College?
Players who cant go straight to the NBA but go to college can easily make mistakes and not have the chance go to college anymore. This can have a big impact on college players. It can ruin everything. Most consequently, they may never have the chance to go to the NBA ever again.
Why the Jump isn't allowed anymore
High School players need their college education. Just like every other student. Therefore, the NBA has decided to make it so that High School players go to college. The max years you have to attend college is only 2 at the most.