Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Computer graphics and multimedia
Transcript of Computer graphics and multimedia
Computer graphics are visual representations of data displayed on a monitor made on a computer.
Computer graphics can be a series of images (most often called video) or a single image.
We think of coputer graphics as drawing pictures on computer also called rendering.
Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Or pictures of things which do not yet exist or may be could never exist!
The pictures can be...
Or may be from places we cannot see directly such as medical images from inside our body.
Example:CT scanning (Computer Tomography)
Computer graphics may be used in the following areas:
Multimedia is the field concerned with the computer-controlled integration of text, graphics, drawings, still and moving images (Video), animation, audio, and any other media where every type of information can be represented, stored, transmitted and processed digitally.
A Multimedia Application is an Application which uses a collection of multiple media sources e.g. text, graphics, images, sound/audio, animation and/or video.
Hypermedia can be considered as one of the multimedia applications
1. Education and Training Products
Often used for answering specific questions or for general browsing of information. (stored on CD/ DVD ROM).
Characteristic of reference product:
Used by wide range of user (small – adult)
Have navigational menu, book marking, searching, printing utility
Focus on storing and accessing the actual data (multimedia data such as text, graphic, audio, animation and video).
Characteristics of Database Products are:
Manages multimedia data (large data)
Descriptive finding methods
Content based search
Relational consistency in data management.
A product which is usually stationed at public places and allow the user to find information interactively and also other types of transaction.
Characteristics of Kiosk Products:-
Limited target users and usage.
User friendly and easily used by user.
5. Entertainment & Games
Most popular, shipped in the form of Interactive CD / DVD ROM.
Characteristics of E & G Products:-
Requires constant feedback and interaction with the user.
Challenging and sometimes intriguing for user
Enabled online play for more than one user experience.
Similar to textbook or training manuals but have added media such as audio, animation and video.
Make up a significant share of the multimedia market ranging from pre-kindergarten to postgraduate offerings from technical to corporate training products.
Image processing is a method to convert an image into digital form and perform some operations on it, in order to get an enhanced image or to extract some useful information from it. It is a type of signal dispensation in which input is image, like video frame or photograph and output may be image or characteristics associated with that image. Usually Image Processing system includes treating images as two dimensional signals while applying already set signal processing methods to them.
Image processing basically includes the following three steps:
• Importing the image with optical scanner or by digital photography.
• Analyzing and manipulating the image which includes data compression and image enhancement and spotting patterns that are not to human eyes like satellite photographs.
• Output is the last stage in which result can be altered image or report that is based on image analysis.
1. It can make images noise free.
2. It can be made available in any desired forms.
3. It can be used to manipulate pixels shades to correct the contrast of the image
4. It allows electronic transfer of images
1. The initial cost can be high depending on the system used
2. If system crashes then the pictures can b lost
3. Memory card problems
4. Higher cost
5. Battery consumption