Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HIV
: HIV-1 & HIV-2
Names of Disease(s)
. HIV spikes attach to
on the host cells. CD4 receptors are found on
T helper Cells
Morbidity & Mortality
Sub-Sahara Africa most affected region
Only HUMANS acquire HIV
Gay & Bisexual men of all races are severely affected by HIV
Therapy & Prevention
: 100-120 nm
binds to CD4 receptors.
Gains access to cells by
Transcription & Translation
ACUTE or PRIMARY -Stage 1
AIDS -Stage 3
INACTIVE or DORMANT -Stage 2
Resistant gene -CCR5
Antiretroviral drugs -ART
49,273 new HIV cases
HIV originated as a ZOONOSIS infectious disease
Portal Of Entry:
Portal of Exit:
Period of Transmissibility: Stages 1&3