Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sinusoidal function ~Tides~
Transcript of Sinusoidal function ~Tides~
Sinusoidal Function in real life
I added the missing black market
Replace pictures with personality you like
The Business Executive
Just new in the workplace
What is tides?
How does it affect to mathematics?
1) a) This is a real graph recorded from the place located at Santa Monica in the U.S. The maximum height is 1.8m and the minimum height is -0.2m. Provide the answers required for each.
Period: 1day (24hour)
Equation of axis: 1.8+(-0.2)/2=0.8
In the month, the sea level of an ocean is recorded every day. The sea level goes up and down periodically every day. If the lowest height of the day is always 2am at -0.2m and the highest of the day is always is 5pm at 0.7m. Explain what the amplitude, period, and equation of the axis would represent in the average height of the sea in a day by sinusoidal function.
The aptitude represents the size of the tide between high tide and low tide.
The period represents one day that is rotating every day.
The equation of axis represents the average of height of sea level in the place.
There is a bay called Tubuai Island. The tide is expressed by the function.
Draw the function on the graph by using the mapping rule.
When you watch this, you can pause the movie to read the description and question carefully ;)