Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Telephonic Skills
Transcript of Copy of Telephonic Skills
What is telephonic skills?
Telephonic skill becomes part of costumer service.
To make customer satisfy over the phone is more challenging than serving face to face.
Make or receive a telephone call at work means that we are representing ourselves, our department and company- to both external and internal customers.
Putting customer on hold:
Get the customer's response
Thank and conclude
"Excuse Mr Rizal, may I put you on hold as I need to check the status with our service division?"
" Thank you for staying online,I appreciate your patience."
Give the details of the costumer to whom line is being transferred
Inform the costumer about the person to whom line is being transferred
" May I put you on hold while I transfer your call to our manager?"
" I'm transferring your call to our HOD, Mr John."
" John, I have Miss Amber on line who has following complaint"
- Jot down a message is important.
- If a client want to leave a message by calling you, they are a few steps that you can use to take a message.
1) Identify yourself when you pick up the phone. For example:
2) Asking for the caller's identification:
"Who's speaking, please?"
" Who's calling, please?"
3) Speak in pleasant tone of voice.
4) Learn to listen actively.
5) If you are going out of office or away from desk for more than a few minutes, forward your call to voice mails.
6) Use the hold button when leaving a line.
7) To ending a call, don't forget to say:
"Thanks for calling"
Ask for pardon if you not hear it clearly.
Improving Your Performance
1. Stay in cool of your emotions
- Relax your mind and muscles
- Be polite when dealing with others
- Be firm, avoid time-wasting
2. Stay in control of the call
- Stand up to sound more authoritative
- Sit back to sound more relaxed
3. Stay in control of your language
- Speak clearly and slowly
- Don't interrupt
- Use cues
Dealing With Problems
1. Dealing with language difficulties
2. Making difficult calls
- Before ringing, decide exactly what you want
to achieve from the call
- Check your facts carefully
- Get quickly to the purpose of your call
- Be forceful & assertive until you get satisfaction
- Don't get personal or lose your temper
3. Receiving difficult calls
- Be a good listener & listen sympathetically
- Don't take personal complaints againts the
- Remain calm
- Encourage the person to voice all their complaints
before starting to deal with them
- Restate their complaints in your own words
- Don't offer to do what you are not authorised to do
Write it down on a piece of paper.
Include the caller name, company, telephone number, and a brief message.
Note the time the call came in.
You can repeat the question again to clarify if the message is right.
Notify the recepient about the message eventhough it is not important.
How to answer Politely
At the office
Keep it professional. When you are answering the phone at your office, you do not always know who`s on the other end of the conversation. It could be your boss, a customer, one of your colleagues, or even a wrong number. answering the phone professionally will start whatever conversation you are about to have get off on the right foot.
> Even if you have caller ID, it could be your boss call from collegue`s phone! Asnweri the phone with " Yeah, what?" will give people an impression of you that you dont want them to have.
Focus on the conversation. Stop whatever you might be doing and take a brief moment to prepare. Wear rhe face you want to project before picking up the phone. It makes a difference : whether you are smilling, frowning, or bored to tears, your caller will hear that in your tone.
Alwys identify yourself. In business situation, it is appopriate to answer the phonw with your name and company. Such as " Good morning, that you for calling XYZ. This is Jason speaking. How may I help you?'.
- If its an internal call, and you know it, you can anwer with your department and name : ' Hello, this is Saloma Boutique, Diana speaking. How can I help you today? " This will let your caller know they habe reached the right person, and that you are ready to assist them. Keeping a friendly, personable tone will make the call much more pleasant or everybody.
-In many office situation, there are guidelines for anwering the phone that all employees must follow. Always project sincerity, no matter how silly the canned lines might seem-- the customer will be able to tell the difference if you are enthusiastic, versus just reading the cue card: Example " Thanks for calling Saloma Boutique, the best boutique ever!' will sound totally ridiculous if you don`t stay it with conviction!.
1) DHAMIRAH BINTI MOHAR E20122005571
2) NURUL FAREHAH BINTI FISAL E20122005549
3) MOHD IBRAHIM BIN PISHOL E20122005570
4) MUHAMMAD ARIF ANWAR BIN ARIBAIN
1) When making a call, do not say
" Who am I speaking with?"
2) Greet the person :
3) Identifying yourself:
My name is_____(first introduction)
4) Asking to speak to someone:
" Could I speak to_____,please?"
5) Give further details:
" It's about____"
6) Always know and state the purpose of the communication. Explain it:
" I'm calling to ask about____"
Nick Brieger, Jeremy Comfort (1992). Language Reference For Business
Ian Badger (2003). English For Work.
wikiHow, www.wikiHow.com. How to answer the phone politely.