Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Skinny models should be banned in the fashion industry
Transcript of Skinny models should be banned in the fashion industry
banned in the fashion industry Argument 1: the effect on the society -Skinny models in advertising
-Young girls want to look like the models
- people had anorexia or bulimia
- suffered from anorexia nervosa
- suffered from bulimia nervosa
-95% of them were women 25.000 5000 to 6000 20.000 -Health of models is in serious danger
Unhealthy modelingindustry Argument 2: Argument 3: Unneccesary -The British Warwick Business School has studied skinny models
-Women react adversely
-Skinny models are unnecessary Skinny doesn't mean unhealthy Argument 1: - A law banning any model with a BMI under 18.5
- naturally very slim
- banned from earning a living Fashion should be there for all sizes Argument 2: - Skinny models vs. plus-size models
- Banning one group is unfair Their job Argument 3: - It's their job to stay thin
- Skinniness is professionally necessary Questions? -Fashioncompanies only manufacture size zero
-The pressure of losing weight will ensure malnutrition and serious eating disorders