Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Portage Supermarket
We are trying to exploit the market that already exists and direct customers to your place of business.
We are not trying to create a market for your product.
It is what you do when you can't go to see someone.
"Dominate" a station..
and Motivate Consumers.
Run schedules that ensure the majority of listeners hear your commercial a minimum three times a week (three net impressions).
ALWAYS BE ON CUSTOMERS' MINDS
People shop all the time.
People often take their time buying.
Ensure they think Portage Supermarket when they're in the market!
Imagine every ad is a salesperson working for you.
Appeal to everyone.
Sell Features (practical) & Benefits (emotional) equally.
How to Advertise
It's Effective & Personal
Your potential customers spend more time with radio and online than any other type of local media
92% of adults listen to radio an average of 20+ hours per week
CFRY, Country 93, Mix 96 & PortageOnline.com have a personal and local connection with our audience
Wherever You Are...
Radio is There With You!
Radio is sound - intrusive, irresistible sound - It makes electronic media the long distance runner of advertising.
Broadcast wins the hearts of customers before they're in the market for your product.
Sound is memorable. Consider music and all those songs you know the lyrics to without ever intentionally learning them
In the car, at home and at work.
A Sound Partnership
1 of 2
2 of 2
# of Households
in Portage and RM ................................ 8,815
Average Food Expenditure
per household, per year ....................... $5,300
That equals to...
To be known
People respond to NEEDS, not ads.
Triggering Events create a need for your products or services.
• Increase traffic to your store.
• Emphasize your unique advantage in the marketplace.
• Increase your name awareness.
• Well established, locally owned and operated grocery store.
• Premium location; only major grocery store in East End of Portage.
• Only grocery store that delivers.
• Great community supporters (including hiring of many students).
• Safeway brand recognition.
• Next to no advertising and promotion beyond flyers; flyers are limited to price shoppers only.
• Need more dynamic presence in the marketplace.
• Up against the big grocery chains (and Walmart) in the West End.
• Need to establish branding and top-of-mind awareness.
1. Educate consumers with STRONG CREATIVE and EFFECTIVE SCHEDULES.
Need to reach the people who do not read flyers.
Need more than one or two weeks of advertising to establish Portage Supermarket’s advantage.
2. Drive home a CONSISTENT THEME so more people will visit you ``on the way home``.
3. Build name awareness and familiarity with people who are buying groceries etc. today.
Opportunities to Improve Your Advertising
Things to listen for . . .
The commercials POSITION Portage Supermarket as the convenient grocery store on the East End of Portage.
Portage Supermarket is the ONLY major grocery store on the east end of Portage, and are within minutes from many neighborhoods. As a family-owned business, they’re a vital part of your community… and your last-minute grocery runs. Portage Supermarket on Saskatchewan Avenue East --
see YOU… on your way home.
PORTAGE SUPERMARKET SHOWDOWN
As an exclusive partner, you will receive:
• 111 Name mentions on produced promos (value $1,665)
• 69 Jock Talk Occasions (Value $620)
• 15 contest plays (Value $600)
• 60 – 30-second announcements; 20 announcements
per week x 3 weeks. (Value $2,400)
• Engages audience with a fun promotion
that highlights your competitive advantage.
• Reaches people at home, at the office
and in their cars with consistent message.
• Has impact you want with the right message delivered with the right frequency.
12 exclusive Quick Hits per day,
7 days per week, 6am & Midnight.
Monthly Investment: $535.00
You’re listening to Mix 96 along with Portage Supermarket. For all your groceries and much more, see YOU on your way home at Portage Supermarket, Saskatchewan Avenue East.
(Maximum of 3 sponsors)
PORTAGE SUPERMARKET SHOWDOWN
CD09/Portage & RM: 23,489
Population of the Central Plains Market Area
Total Promotional Value: $5,285.00
Total Investment: $3,145.00
Plus Gift Certificates: 15 X $10.00 + $250.00 = $500.00
How Portage Supermarket can . . .
Need more than one ad per week to have an IMPACT.
Radio is always accessible.
Streaming online and on your mobile phone.
It’s in stores, restaurants and at the dentists office.