Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why study English
Transcript of Why study English
Preparing for a changing world
What do you study?
How do you study?
Why do you study?
Students of language make sense of the world using texts
17 August 2013
Dr Stephen Pihlaja
What did you learn at college, son?
I learned how to write a sentence.
What I learned studying English
Science and literature are not two things, but two sides of one thing.
Beginning Creative Writing
Survey of Literature
Intro to Linguistics
The creative and analytical skills developed during an English degree will equip you for the changing demands of the 21st-century workplace.
TV, film, radio and print - producers, reporters, journalists, editors, researchers
Advertising, marketing & PR - copywriters, creatives, account executives, internal and external communications personnel
Teaching and research
Translation and interpreting
Government service - civil service, diplomacy, embassy work
Politics, think tanks, NGOs
International businesses and corporations
Management, HR, recruitment and consultancy
Arts or heritage administration and management