Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
8.01 Roots of The Cold War
Transcript of 8.01 Roots of The Cold War
1. What was the first time you remember hearing about the Soviet Union (or the USSR) and its conflict with the United States? Tell me about it.
- "i remeber that we were in school and it was around 1960 and i was in elementry school. "
2. What do you remember seeing or reading in the news about the Cold War?
-" we heard about the cold war form teachers in the beigning but in the news we heard that the Unted states wanted to kill us."
3. What books did you read or movies did you watch that villainized the United states or dealt with the Cold War? How did they shape your impressions at that time?
-"i dont remeber rading any books or watching any movies."
4. What were you taught in school and at home about the United states? What did your school and family teach about nuclear threats and nuclear war?
-" we kenw that we had tyo build an army and defend ouselves and out govermnent said that we will not start the war but we will be able to defend ourselves."
5. Were you or any of your family members ever afraid that there would be a hot war or nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union? When did you feel that way? If yes, did you do anything to prepare or get ready for it?
-" all i remeber was practiceing in school of what we would do incase america attacked."
6. What aspects of the Space Race do you remember? Was "Space Race" a phrase that you remember using at the time? What did it mean to you?
-" we were very proud that we reached space first, it meant that we had more power nad that we had the best science. " 8.01 : Roots of The Cold War My Interview With Yuriy Pressman Interviewee's Name: Yuriy Pressman
Date of Birth: May 15, 1950
Places Interviewee lived between 1945 and 1989: Outskirts of Moscow, Russia, USSR
Date of Interview: April 14,2013
Time Of Interview: 7:30p.m. What from the interview did I find most surprising? How might a American adult have responded to the interview? 7. How was the rivalry between the United States and the Soviet Union promoted in sports? Can you think of any specific examples?
-"even in sport it has became more political between the united states and russia then against any other country"
8. Do you remember the Berlin Wall coming down? How did it make you feel? How have your feelings about that era changed since 1989 and the Berlin Wall coming down?
-" i do remeber this time, i was very happy and i felt like we have had more air to breath."
9. How do you think future generations will remember the Cold War? What lessons should students today take away from the Cold War?
-"bad peace is bettwer then good war."
10. How does psychological warfare today compare to psychological warfare during the Cold War?
-" this quesiton is hard for me to answer becasue i have lived in russia and now in america bt i do know that there are russian extreemest that hate america and it may be from envy or something else."
11. What do you think would have happened if we went to war?
-" nobody would win"
12. What was it like to be in the middle of the Cold War? How did you react to it?
-"in the begining we were just kids and we were sure our government would protect us." My father is form the USSR, so I will invert all of the questions to be faced torawd Russia. i expected all of the answers i recived buty i am kind of happy that i had to invert the questions so the were faced opposite. an american adult might have the same fears as a russian but not as much pride as winning the space race.