Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Behind the Design
Transcript of Behind the Design
proper social behavior. They tell us what to do. They show us our boundaries. The symbols we know have deep meaning. But they also have deep history. Symbols such as flags are so powerful that they represent entire nations of people. Although not all are designed well. Some are just plain old wrong. Ah, here's a pretty example :) The original DC flag comes from the seal of George Washington. Quite fitting... This design could have been the new altered logo.
Thankfully it didn't get approved. Flags aren't the only symbols around the District. Our baseball team was going to use this symbol as their wonderfully patriotic logo. But this symbol was chosen instead. Because the old team's symbol was what people remembered! Many commuters stare at this symbol every day to and from their jobs in the District. It's just one of many... many... MANY... ...symbols used to depict mass
transit around the world. These symbols a quite well know in this town. But when it comes to politics... ...everyone seems to do things... ...the exact same way...