Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Italians Contribution To Canada
Transcript of Italians Contribution To Canada
-Brought with them the recipe and techniques for pizza
-Pasta was also relatively unknown until the Italians brought it
-Italians use a variety of vegetables, such as tomatoes, eggplants, onions, garlic, peas, pepper in their cuisine.
-Italian food and wine are well known in Canada and North America.
-The first difficulty that the Italian immigrants faced in Canada was the inability to understand or speak the English language
- To bridge the gap between Italian and English, Italians made a language called Italiese
- This new language gave Italian structure to the English Language
- Most of the Italians are Roman Catholics
- They brought their religious traditions to Canada
-They built churches where they'd pray to god
-Italians set up catholic schools where Italian children would learn their religion and their culture.
Italian Charity/Community Organizations
-The Order Sons of Italy Canada, raise money for various types of charities and provide assistance to the needy
- They have raised over $500,000 to various charities
-The Scalabrini Foundation for the Poor holds an annual golf tournament at Seven Lakes to raise funds.
-Music is part of their lives.
-They enjoy it at holidays, family celebrations, and special occasions.
-Opera is their tradition and is popular among Italians
- They carried on this tradition coming to Canada
By: Andy Jaggernauth
Italian Business Contribution
-The Canadian Italian Business Professional Association is a network of business and Canadians working together to build our businesses and participate in helping Canada become all that is can be.
- The CIBPA didn't want the italian culture to die in canada they also helped Canada be what it is today.
-The Confratellanza Italo-Canadese is advancing the interest of the Italian Canadian community and ensuring Italian-Canadians are contributing to the enrichment of their community and their multicultural nation.
- The Business encourages italian Canadians to contribute to upgrading the Canadian community.
-In 1881 Italians were imported to work as navvies in the construction of the CPR
-The Italians highly populated the northern area of Ontario.
-Migration halted in the time of World War 1 and new laws limited the amount of Italians that were able to live in Canada.
-A second wave occurred after the Second World War when Italians left the country for opportunities in a young and growing country to start a new life.
-Italy was rapidly growing in wealth, and by the early 1970s fewer Italians were interested in emigration.
-From 1982-2013 there has been
573,615 new immigrants
- Altogether currently there is
1,445,330 Italians in Canada