Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Comparing Fractions
Parts of a Fraction
Least Common Multiple:
(Let's put it all together!)
Concepts you need to know
Represent this fraction as a pictorial model and on a number line.
Name 3 equivalent fractions to 1/2 and 2/3.
Turn and Talk:
1. How can you prove fractions are equivalent?
2. Why do we have to multiply or divide both parts of a fraction by the same number? (& what do we call it)
Need to know your multiples (facts)
Looking for common numbers among the facts.
Find 2 common multiples for 4 and 6.
What is their LCM?
Step 1: Find a common denominator by finding the LCM of the original denominators.
Step 2: Find equivalent fractions using the LCM as the new denominator
Step 3: Compare the numerators of the equivalent fractions (now that the denominators are the same)
2/3 x ___ = ?/12
Find the LCM of 3 and 4.
3/4 x ___ = ?/12
Roll the dice at your table 4 times. Use the numbers to create 2 fractions (not improper). Compare those 2 fractions. You may check your work with your partner. Make sure to show all your work!