Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Comparing Fractions
Parts of a Fraction
Least Common Multiple:
(Let's put it all together!)
Concepts you need to know
Represent this fraction as a pictorial model and on a number line.
Name 3 equivalent fractions to 1/2 and 2/3.
Turn and Talk:
1. How can you prove fractions are equivalent?
2. Why do we have to multiply or divide both parts of a fraction by the same number? (& what do we call it)
Need to know your multiples (facts)
Looking for common numbers among the facts.
Find 2 common multiples for 4 and 6.
What is their LCM?
Step 1: Find a common denominator by finding the LCM of the original denominators.
Step 2: Find equivalent fractions using the LCM as the new denominator
Step 3: Compare the numerators of the equivalent fractions (now that the denominators are the same)
2/3 x ___ = ?/12
Find the LCM of 3 and 4.
3/4 x ___ = ?/12
Roll the dice at your table 4 times. Use the numbers to create 2 fractions (not improper). Compare those 2 fractions. You may check your work with your partner. Make sure to show all your work!