Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Designing Flipped Learning
Transcript of Designing Flipped Learning
What do students need before entering class, to be prepared in the best manner to a given subject introduced in the classroom?
What kind of learning and teaching would we as teacher like happening in class, to make the best learning-environment for our students?
What space for learning do the students include in and how can we as teachers scaffold the connection between the learning spaces?
Motivation and understanding
is the systematic study of designing, developing and
evaluating educational interventions (such as programs, teaching-learning strategies and
materials, products and systems) as solutions for complex problems in educational practice,
which also aims at advancing our knowledge about the characteristics of these interventions
and the processes of designing and developing them. (Plomp 2007)
The twofold yield
interventions as well as knowledge
a series of approaches, with the intent of producing new
theories, artefacts, and practices that account for and potentially impact learning and
teaching in naturalistic setting. (Barab and Squire 2004)
Ann Brown 1992
The four phases of the model
Design a game
1. PRELiMINARY RESEARCH: ANALYSIS OF
Needs and context
Conceptual and theoretical framework
Iterative design proces
Each microcycle being evaluated
aimed at improving and refining the intervention
3. Assessment phase
Evaluation and conclusion
Solution or improvement of the intervention
Design-Based Research (DBR) is a broad research approach initiated by, Ann Brown (1992) and Allan Collins (1992).
- Its Design-Based: New knowledge is generated through processes that simultaneously develop,
Tests and improves a design.
The type of design
from the study of laboratory learning to Classroom observation and experimentation. Natural complex settings in the learning environments
address a need for new complex methods to capture the complexity of teaching and learning
WHAT is DBR?
Four terms in the projects
1. Study- activity model
2. the role of the teaching spaces between theory and practise - adressing the target groups (teachers and students)
3. Design-based Research (prototyping and iteration)
4. Flipped Learning concept
is a higher educational institution that primarily offers profession-based education for teachers, pedagogues, nurses, physiotherapists, social workers, graphic, sound and design.
6 different projects
Scenarios for FL-ressources ind teacher education, Rikke
Flip the body in physical education - The inner game of FL, Martin
The transformation of a learning design, Hannelene
FL in a 100% Digital teaching education, Lars og Max
FL in history in teachers education, Anders
Developing the teaching environtment to meet 21st century skills with FL, Eva
Publish an anthology about the didactics in University College teaching
- Each team must invent a game played by another team.
- at least 3 parts of the delivered items must be included.
- It is not a requirement that all items should be included.
- Other items in the room must be included - but max 2 extra items.
- Design a game 10 min.
- Explain the game to another team and try it 10 min
- Evaluate the game - what can be better? (5 min)
Hildegunn Juulsgaard Johannesen
Projectmanager on the Flipped Learning project
Working with digitalisation, didactic and Learning
Departement of Research, development and further education Campus Haderslev
Designing Flipped Learning
April 21st. 2017, Haderslev