Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
1984 - Chapters 9 and 10
Transcript of 1984 - Chapters 9 and 10
Winston and Julia are caught
Jhulia Nelly dos Santos
Maria Luíza Almeida
Winston is taken to the Ministry of Love
Ampleforth arrives in the cell
"The pain in his stomach; a piece of bread; the blood and the screaming; O'Brien; Julia; the razor blade"
Parsons walks into the cell
Winston discovers that O'Brien actually works for the Party
2 and 2 Make 5
Winston is tortured while the guards ask him several questions
O'Brien comes to ask more questions
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two is four"
"How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?"
The pain is getting worst
"Peharps people did not want to be loved as much as understood"
"We do not destroy our enemies, we change them. We change their thoughts"
A machine is used to erase a part of Winston's memories
Winston asks O'Brien a few questions
"What's Room 101?"
A woman is taken to the Room 101