Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Theme Parks
- Industry is dominated by a handful players
- highly concentrated, the four largest players are expected to account for about 81.5% of total industry revenue in 2012 in the US Introduction -large number of "frontline jobs"
-deal directly with customer and perform emotional labor
-mostly seasonal low-wage jobs
-mostly less-educated workforce Human resources Theme park customers look for the wow factor that takes them away from reality
Theme parks primarily target kids in the teen years
Creating an environment that the whole family will enjoy leads to larger success and larger profits for these companies customer needs Industry leaders: 121,40 M.visitors Financial Overview - revenue volatility
- high-fixed costs
- high barriers to entry
- high levels of capital intensity
- high level of technology change
- high market share concentration brand positioning customer spending Disney‘s approach to people stands out.
-systematic approach to hiring, training, motivating, and retaining employees
-focus on more emotional labor that translates to better customer satisfaction retrieved 10.12.2012 http://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/234496/umfrage/besucherzahlen-fuehrender-freizeitparks-in-europa/
http://www.ibisworld.com/industry/default.aspx?indid=1646 retrieved 10.12.2012, harvard.edu retrieved 10.12.2012, vergnügungs-,-freizeit--und-naturparks---statista-dossier-2012 Revenue attendance
- number of visitors in millions- thank you
your attention conclustion Merlin Entertainments group 46,40 M. visitors Leading theme parks worldwide
-by number of visitors- retrieved 10.12.2012, harvard.edu retrieved 10.12.2012, harvard.edu retrieved 12.12.2012, http://www.themeparkinsider.com 30,80 M visitors 24,30 M visitors