Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Visual Literacy
Images used in this Prezi were found at flicker.com and http://www.kidslearningstation.com/phonics/long-vowels/long-vowel-a-worksheet.asp If so, Congratulations! You are visually literate! Chances are you've been this way for quite some time. In fact, most kids can read pictures before they learn to read words. Pictures are often used in school to help kids decode words. Here is an example:
If you want a simple definition: Visual Literacy is so important! Visual literacy provides us with a universal language. It allows us to communicate with and understand each other in multiude of ways. It is a skill we use everyday! Just because young students are able to use some visual literacy skills, doesn't mean that they have mastered them all. Kids often need support developing their visual literacy. Critically analyzing images can be a tough job!