Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
World History Day 1 Welcome
Transcript of World History Day 1 Welcome
World History Class
The Rise of Democratic Ideas
The Industrial Revolution
Imperialism and Colonialism
World War I and Its Consequences
Totalitarianism in the Modern World
World War II: Its Causes and Consequences
The Cold War
The Rise of Nationalism
Unresolved Problems in the Contemporary World
1. Be prompt
2. Be polite
3. Be prepared
4. Be productive
5. Be proficient
1. Teacher warning
2. Teacher conference
3. Phone call home
4. Parent conference
6. Administrative intervention
In or out of the classroom on anything that has a point value attached to it.
1st: Negative 100% (which will not be dropped in the case of an exam) on whatever was cheated on.
He/she may also be suspended from class pending a parent conference.
2nd: will result in another parent conference and a negative 200% on whatever was cheated on.
Any further offenses will result in even more serious negative consequences.
The instructor reserves the sole and complete right to modify this syllabus at any time and in anyway she sees fit
Why do we
Fill out the student inventory sheet
The BIG 7
2. Pencil Sharpening
3. Entering the classroom
4. Exiting the classroom
6. Pencils and Paper
7. Restroom Passes (Restroom passes can only be used 10 minutes after and before the bell)
1. Be on Time
2. Be Respectful
3. Stay on Task
4. Stay in your seat
5.Electronic Devices Away
6. Food Away!
7. HATS and HOODS OFF
All about Westendorf
18th year of teaching (11 years in Middle School and 6 at High School)
Forty one years old
Married for thirteen years
Mother of a 10 year old girl (Savannah) and a seven year old son (Scotty)
Grew up in San Bernardino and Rialto
I live in Hesperia
I love to dance, cook, eat, laugh, and spend time with my family.
I LOVE TEACHING!!!!!!!!!!
Respect is my most important rule. Have respect for people around you, even if they aren't your friends. Have respect for your teachers, they WANT to help you.
STEP 1 : Write your name on the inside
Step 2: NUMBER PAGES 1-50
Inside Cover: Table of Contents and RR Passes
Page 1: Bonus Stamp
Page 2: Syllabus
1) Choose a orange background
2) Choose at least 1 symbol of the World History
Notebook Set Up
1) Write your full name and period on the inside cover
2) Number pages 1-50 ( #1 Front #2 Back)
RULES AND PROCEDURES
1. Be on time to class
2. Turn in all work on time
3. Do your own work
4. Come with all required materials
5. Use restroom before or after class
6. Pay attention in class
7. Ask permission before speaking
or getting up
8. Take turns speaking
9. Use class time productively.
10. Keep all property clean and tidy
11. Electronic Devices Away
12. Food Away!
13. HATS and HOODS OFF
14. Heads off the desks
Learning Logs/Quizes 30%
3) Tape your Table of Contents to the inside of the front cover
4) Tape the Bonus Stamp Page to page 1