Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Figurative Language in Skyscraper
Transcript of Figurative Language in Skyscraper
All my windows, still are broken, but I'm standing on my feet Metaphor comparing her brokenness, to broken windows but the artist says now she can stand on her feet, meaning the pain does not affect her any longer. I'm closer to the clouds up here. Hyperbole because she is saying that she feels higher/happier then she did before and that she feels as if she's closer to the clouds, but obviously she is exaggerating so the person can understand the feeling.
As the smoke clears
I awaken and untangle you from me
Would it make you feel better to watch me while I bleed Demi is using imagery to make you picture the smoke and her untangling herself, as she states in the song. She always helps you to imagine how hurt she is because of her talking about how she is bleeding. She is also using imagery. The smoke is representing all of the problems and issues she was having and now that the smoke is cleared, she "awakens" to a new outlook and new feelings. Also, the rain is a symbol for the Artist's tears.