Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The purpose of verbal communication in business contexts
Transcript of The purpose of verbal communication in business contexts
The business context
This affects aspects of a conversation, such as tone of voice and the words that should be used. These will vary depending on the formality of the occasion.
Formal or Informal
By the end of this lesson you will be able to....
1. Explain the purpose of verbal business communication
2. Identify how verbal communications can be used effectively in business
The purpose of verbal communication
To provide information
To confirm an arrangement or agreement
To make a request
To give instructions
To promote an idea, product or service
On your boards could you give me an example of these?
FACT: Only 7% of communication is verbal
38% is how you say it, and 55% is body language
(Special needs & Moving on, 2013)
Can we draw this as a pie chart on our boards?
Go onto Moodle and open the table called learning outcome 2 part 1.
You will notice the table looks similar to the table used in learning outcome 1. If you think the same information can be input into the table then you CAN use this.