Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BYOD - Really?
Transcript of BYOD - Really?
BYOD - Really?
1. Information that is available to almost anyone- anywhere-anytime at minimal cost
2. Access to that information comes in almost any combination of media type
3. The capability to adapt, edit and remix that information and publish our own understanding to a global audience
4. Contact and interact with almost anyone-anywhere-anytime
Effective learning requires learners to:
Understand the Learning Process
Have the competence/capability to learn independently
Receive feedback that challenges understanding and ability to apply that understanding
Have significant agency over the learning
Understand ideas and concepts that underpin required disciplines
Map learning directlyagainst curriculum
Effectively collaborate with peers
What technology can provide is:
1. Share information effectively
2. Allow effective feedback/feed-forward
3. Allow educators to view learners work & their progress in a JIT manner
4. Allow educators to monitor device usage.
5. Foster effective collaboration
Domains where educators require improved clarity
Understanding how the brain learns
Definition of our language when describing learning
Identifying practices that improve learning outcomes for learners
What technologies are designed to achieve and what are the assumptions
Putting in place rich feedback/feedforward processes
is the sun rising or seting?
Technology has exploited all media forms,
formats and sizes; the batteries on our devices now last us through the day, and those devices are waterproof, shockproof and they are all multi-function tools as well as being affordable.
What these devices now need to be able to do is share information better within apps and interface with database tools in order to better allow
'relationship management' between users that have different 'status' of access to
We also require apps that are platform independent. A generic coding tool
that can create one app for
Educators as Researchers
Implementing processes that increase the learner agency & responsibility for their
Increasingly we need to be willing to research changes we are making to our practice and ensure that the changes actually do make a difference to learner outcomes
The brain has 4 learning systems:
1. Our Senses
3. Idea/concept formation
How the Brain Learns
keeping the main thing the main thing