Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Invention of Nail Polish
Transcript of Invention of Nail Polish
The Colourful History of:
OVER THE YEARS
Beauty and cosmetic products are an essential to women even in ancient times.
was worn by women since 3000 BC.
Who invented it?
Originated in China.
At least 3000 BC
Used by Chinese and Egyptians.
How did they invent it?
Chinese used gum arabic, egg whites, gelatin, vegetable dyes and bees wax.
Egyptians used henna to stain their nails.
How is it used today?
To decorate or protect nails.
Traditionally, nail polish colours were red, pink, black, purple and clear.
Types of nail polishes: Gel, Crackling, Glitter, Textured, Nail Polish Stamps and Strips, Nail Polish designed to repair damaged nails.
Modern nail polish is a variation of car paint.
Why did they invent it?
In China it was used to define one's status. In 600 BC gold and silver were royal colours. Then black and red later replaced these colours.
Lower class women were only allowed to wear pale tones otherwise they were punished by death.