Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
9/8/14 - Lesson 1
Transcript of 9/8/14 - Lesson 1
16 habits of mind
Habits of mind are the strategies that people use when confronted with problems, the answers to which are not immediately known.
Take out your notebook and turn to a blank page. Copy down the unit and lesson essential questions.
If you have your signed syllabus, take that out now.
-thinking about thinking
-being aware of the steps and strategies that you take to solve problems
-developing a plan of action, maintaining that plan, then reflecting upon it
thinking/communicating with clarity and precision
-support statements with explanations/evidence
-use specific language
-recognizing the advantages of working with others
-acknowledging that we are more powerful together than alone
-being open to other perspectives and viewpoints
-having the ability to change your mind after acquiring new information