Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 1 Corinthians
Paul's relationship to
the church at Corinth...
and the Big Story
Corinth: the SANCTIFIED church
The City of Corinth
To manifest the character of God to the world.
An "occasional" letter...
"Hear the word of the LORD, O children of Israel, for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land. There is no faithfulness or steadfast love, and no knowledge of God in the land; there is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed. ...My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."
Hosea 4:1-2, 6
Proper Assessment of the Gospel
and its Heralds
1:10 - 3:23
Proper Assessment of Themselves
The World (and beyond) in the Church
The Church in the World
5:1 - 6:20
Idolatry (8:1 - 11:1)
Head Coverings (11:2-16)
The Lord's Supper (11:17-33)
Spiritual Gifts (12:1 - 14:40)
Christ's Resurrection (15:1-58)