Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hyperbole
Kristin K. Casado Definition Hyperbole [Rhetoric] the use of an overstatement or exaggeration for effect.
Hyperbole is exaggeration in prose and poetry used to express humor and accentuate interesting and vibrant images. (Poetry technique)
Used for emphasis
Example 1 Luis is the most hansome guy who ever lived. Luis is an unbelievably hansome guy. A strong claim, but not hyperbole. Hyperbole You may reject the hyperbolic claim, but you may now think Luis is such a good-looking guy. Be careful to show the supports of hyperbolic claims!
If there's no support of hyperbole, you don't need to believe! Example 2 I've been waiting you for 15 minutes! Normal statement I've been waiting you for few decades! Hyperbole Users of hyperbole Poets
Thank you for listening! Amy Kim Hyperbole Exaggeration Overstatement