Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Dancing in the 1920s
Transcript of Dancing in the 1920s
and enjoyed themselves at speakeasies -they danced to mock the "drys,"
or supporters of prohibition -changed the way women are viewed forever -symbol of the jazz age -popularized in 1923 by the movie "Running Wild" -named after the city in South Carolina -considered provocative by the previous generation -many forms of this dance; can be danced with a partner or solo -one of the most popular movies/songs of the era -resembles walking in place -named after Charles Lindbergh after his flight to Paris in 1927 -social dance; partners are close together and improvise to the music -also called the Jitterbug -elvolved into many other types of swing dancing -Frankie Manning was considered the Ambassador of the Lindy Hop -taught the Lindy Hop in the Savoy Ballroom in Harlem