Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Easter island by: Arleth and Allison
Transcript of Easter island by: Arleth and Allison
where does it take place
Easter Island covers roughly 64 square miles in the South Pacific Ocean and is located 2300 miles from Chile's west coast and 2500 East of Tahiti. It was discovered in 1722 by the Dutch.
The word "ahu" has two meanings in Easter Island culture. First, and "ahu" is the flat base of the stone where the head is supported. The statues could honor people, chiefs or gods, or aliens could have put them there.
what is your theory
They may have been built to honor chiefs of original tribes.
what is the mystery of Easter island?
The mystery is that Easter Island was annexed by chile in the late 19th century. Easter island most dramatic claim to fame is an array of almost 900 giant stone figures that date back many centuries. The mystery is why the statues were made and how they were moved The statues are 13 feet high and weight 13 tons.