Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Tiger Evolution
5. Felis Lonenis
6. Modern Tigers
Striped Coat: Helps blend with rays of sunlight that shine through the trees.
Sharp hearing: Help communicate over long distances.
Strong Forelimbs: Knock prey off balance.
The earliest ancestor of the tiger is not very clear but scientists believe the earliest ancestor of the tigers are Pseudaelurus or Miacoids.
Some environmental conditions that influenced the evolution of tigers was temperature and deforestation.
Most carnivorous mammals evolved from Miacids. Miacids split into 2 lines, one line being Viverravidae which lead to Proilurus. Proilurus, a small weasel like cat lead to Pseudaelurus. That split into 2 major groups Sabre-tooth tigers and Schizailurus. Schizailurus gave rise to Feliz Longenis which evolved into the modern tiger.
Environmental Conditions that Ifluenced Evolution
Adaptions Of Modern Tiger
Intermediate Forms that led to the modern Tiger
By: Marilyn & Lauren
Species: P. Tigris
Adaption in Retinas: Make seeing in dark easier
Large teeth: Help hunt larger prey
Types of Tigers
South china tigers